My main interests are history and philosophy of science. I have certain interest on the the following topics: natural philosophy, natural magic, apparatus and scientific instruments, the idea of experiment and experience, science, technology and mathematics in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries.
From 2008 to 2023, I taught history and philosophy of mathematics at Catholic University of São Paulo. Brazil. I was also a research fellow at CESIMA (Simão Mathias Center of Graduate Studies in History of Science, Catholic University of São Paulo, Brazil) and co-coordinator of HEEMa (History and Epistemolgy in Mathematics Education, Catholic University of São Paulo, Brazil).
- Postdoctoral at Pontifical Catholic University of São Paulo, Brazil (2009-2011)
- Project: Form, element and matter in the three kingdoms of nature according to Giambattista della Porta’s (1535-1615) corpus physiognomonico. [Forma, elemento e matéria nos três reinos da natureza segundo o corpus physiognomonico de Giambattista della Porta (1535-1615)].
- Ph.D. in History of Science (2004-2008)
- Dissertation: Instruments of Magic and Science: Mediate Observation in De telescopio according to Giambattista della Porta’s perspectiva [Instrumentos de Magia e de Ciência: A observção mediada em De telescopio segundo a perspectiva de Giambattista della Porta].
- MA. in History of Science (2000-2002)
- Dissertation: Some aspects of Blaise Pascal’s (1623-1662) experimental research [Alguns aspectos do empreendimento experimental de Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)]
- BA. in Philosophy (1997-1999)
- Graduate in Electrical Engeering (1984-1990)
- Advisory Board: History of Science and History of Mathematics, 2008-2023
- Co-coordinator, HEEMa (History and Epistemology in Mathematics Education), 2008-2023
- Research Fellow: CESIMA (Simão Mathias Center of Graduate Studies in History of Science), 2008-2023
- Editorial Board, Research in Mathematics Education (Educação Matemática Pesquisa)
- Editorial Board, International Journal of High Dilution Research
- SBEM (Brazilian Mathematics Education Association)
- SBHMat (Brazilian History of Mathematics Association)